The Honest Programmer
Welcome to the Honest Programmer! This site is a collection of essays
and resources about Software Engineering. The intention is to put forth
some of what being a programmer is really about, concentrating on the craft rather
than the science.
If you are interested in this project, please read the manifesto.
If you have any comments or suggestions about material on this site, please
email the Editor.
- An important repository of algorithms and their implementations.
- A useful repository of public-domain 3D models, textures, tools, etc.
- Geometry in Action
- A good overview of computational geometry.
The World Wide Web Virtual Library: Logic Programming
- A good resource list for the PROLOG family and other aspects of this
branch of AI.
- Tom Van Vleck Home Page
- Some good anecdotes, cautionary tales and cartoons about software engineering.
Brian Meek: selected publications
- Check out his tale of the politics behind the Fortran 90 standard and wince!
- ... for the lighter side of software engineering.
We leave you with a quote from Fred Brooks:
Sound methodology can empower and liberate the
creative mind: it cannot inflame or inspire the drudge.
© Dave Lloyd. Last updated 23 Nov 1996. / firstname.lastname@example.org